Monday, December 29, 2008

"Never Share"


I’ll write about you 
Until I’m thin air 
But this poem 
I’ll never share   
I’ll talk about 
Our first stare 
With which no other 
I’ll ever share   
My fingertips locked 
In her curly hair 
Hers to keep ‘cause 
I’ll never share   
Face so delicate 
Figure so fair 
Angels can’t hope 
To ever share   
Mind of a compass 
Morals of a square 
Only God 
Seems to share   
Pleasant and lovely 
And strong and rare 
Traits only she 
May ever share     
And world around her 
She seems to wear 
Only to hope
She’ll ever share   
But it’s our separate worlds
That seemingly chair 
For with any one else 
Distance be no bear
And all the miles 
From here to there 
Keep us from 
Completing our pair 
In a moment which 
In dreams we’d share   
But I’ll write of you 
Until I’m thin air 
But this poem 
I’ll never share
(December 2006)

No comments: